If there is one thing I have learned, it’s that there doesn’t have to be an occasion in order to celebrate. Anything can be turned into a festive celebration. Guests coming over, an accomplishment in school, finishing a book in piano lessons, etc.
Some simple ways to celebrate:
1. Set a pretty table using a tablecloth or placemats with matching napkins.
2. Light candles. This is one of my favorite ways to be festive and candles definitely create an atmosphere that is special.
3. Make a favorite family meal. It doesn’t have to be a difficult meal, or an expensive one. Just something that is everyone’s favorite.
4. Choose the right music for the occasion. Joyful praise. Soothing instrumentals. Nostalgic music.
5. Form a tradition. We have a tradition to have my folks over for pizza every week. Recently, my husbands parents are joining us since they have now also moved to the area. We all make the pizza together and enjoy time around the table as a family. This is a tradition that has been in place for about 8 years.
6. And the most simple thing, such as sipping a cup of tea or coffee while sitting on the deck watching a sunrise, can be festive if you choose to make it that way.
Make your life festive. Celebrate the small things!