Welcome to day # 2 of this week! I haven’t posted much in the past several days because I have been very busy with other things…
But what I wanted to do today is remind all of you about the Gleaning the Harvest ministry. I have chosen to place Kristi on my page because her story really touched my heart, but there are others you can reach out to if you visit the home page.
I know there are so many opportunities for us to give and it’s hard to know where to put our money, but consider the following:
- 1. Does our Father specifically ask us to give to widows and orphans? Yes; He calls this pure, undefiled religion! It is listed in the same verse with keeping ourselves unspotted from the world.
- 2. Over and over in Scripture we are reminded to help the poor and the needy.
- 3. Can you share with me what other specifics we are given in Scripture regarding where our money should go? (to Adonai is not specific enough)
- 4. We are certainly never encouraged to give to the secular organizations of our society, which I get calls from all the time. Giving to those may be ok in some cases, but they are not in the same category as Scriptural giving and I believe should be very carefully considered before giving to them at all.
- 5. When giving to “ministries” we also need to give prayerful consideration and ask ourselves: What kind of fruit the ministry is producing? Are the leaders Worldly Christians or Set-Apart Christians? Are they accurately and completely preaching Scripture or tickling ears and speaking shallow words? Are they thinking Biblically or like the world? So many more questions should be asked, and it’s really hard to know the answers if you are not personally acquainted with the ministry and those involved. Discernment is very necessary.