In our latest issues of God’s World News was an article about Tumbleweed Tiny Houses. I was instantly intrigued. These little houses make a great use of space and are much more affordable than even a small condo would be in my area. You can buy plans, buy some of them already built or create your own design. My interest personally is as a business for my son who likes to build. However, it would also be a great way for a young man to get started in life. Here is how I see it:
- 4 Year College Tuition $24,000 (State College)
- Room and Board $28,000
- Result – college degree, 4 years, rent money gone
- TOTAL: $52,000
- Distance Learning $15000 (EUCLID)
- Build or Buy a Tiny House $19,995
- Result: College degree, can work at the same time, or finish in 1/2 the time, own a dwelling place
- TOTAL: $35,000
Below is a chart of tiny houses listed with their details.
I have included more photos below the chart.
There are many other options online. One I really like is Tiny Texas Houses.