This is one of the most simple recipes and so tasty! It can be used like cream cheese. I have made cheese cake with it. I have made it into an apple dip, a cracker dip and in recipes that call for cream cheese.
Here are the easy instructions:
- 1. fill a gallon jar with raw milk
- 2. add 1 cup of raw milk kefir or yogurt with live culture
- 3. add 1/4 tablet or 5 drops of rennet
- 4. Stir gently to blend everything
- 5. let this sit out on the counter until the whey separates from the milk. 15-24 hours
- 6. pour into a cheese strainer bag (can be purchased on Amazon) & let this drain over a large bowl for 12 – 15 hours or until it stops dripping.
- 7. if using as a dip, add your seasons and refrigerate
- 8. this can also be frozen for later use