The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don’t know. I’m guessing you can relate! Being a person who THRIVES on learning, researching and studying, I LOVE this journey! It’s all about learning, unlearning, and relearning.
My post today is not going to earn me any brownie points, but it needs to be said. There is so much confusion, MIXTURE, deceit, elevating our own feelings and decisions above the Word of the Almighty Yah, and so many downright LIES that are being taught from pulpits, from leaders (sincerity means nothing, mus1ims are very sincere)
In order to answer the question from the title, we must first learn where today’s christianity actually came from:
Here is what a modern christian believes, based on my present understanding:
- the first half of the Bible (which christians call the Old Testament) is stories to learn from, but mostly not for today – except for select parts… and a large portion of the second half has also been explained away because of “cultural differences”.
- the New Testament supersedes the Old and Paul defines what Jesus taught.
- Jesus and Paul brought a new way called christianity
- Jesus is God the Son
- Jesus was born on December 25 (Saturnalia)
- he died on Good Friday
“About 200 B.C. mystery cults began to appear in Rome just as they had earlier in Greece. Most notable was the Cybele cult centered on Vatican hill …Associated with the Cybele cult was that of her lover, Attis (the older Tammuz, Osiris, Dionysus, or Orpheus under a new name). He was a god of ever-reviving vegetation. Born of a virgin, he died and was reborn annually. The festival began as a day of blood on Black Friday and culminated after three days in a day of rejoicing over the resurrection.” (EASTER: ITS ORIGINS AND MEANINGS by The Religious Tolerance Organization Web site http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter.htm)
- his death is remembered with communion (which came from the catholic eucharist)
- Jesus rose from the dead on Easter (Ashteroth) SUNday
- Jesus came to do away with or free man from the burdensome laws that His Father, the God of the Old Testament, put in place, including the keeping of Sabbath, the eating of only clean foods, the keeping of His Feasts, and much more.
- salvation is based only on a belief in one’s mind that Jesus died for you and one can be eternally secure by having that belief.
- belief does not require actions that back it up
- salvation is recognized by baptism
- christians who die go to heaven
- christians will be raptured out of the tribulation period.
- the Father has changed the requirements for His people and the definition of sin, which is explained in dispensations of time or progressive revelation
- anything (no matter how pagan) that a PERSON decides to redeem can be redeemed, regardless of how pagan it’s origins
- Many christians are not aware of the fact that their system of beliefs is based on decisions made by Constantine, the catholic church and the “church fathers” and that the translations of Scripture were tampered with in order to promote those decisions and their agenda. (see below)
In closing, I want to share the following from a website. (Modern christianity is based on the constantine creed)
‘The Constantine Creed
“I renounce all customs, rites, legalisms, unleavened breads and sacrifices of lambs of the Hebrews, and all the other feasts of the Hebrews, sacrifices, prayers, aspirations, purifications, sanctifications, and propitiations, and fasts and new moons, and Sabbaths, and superstitions, and hymns and chants, and observances and synagogues. Absolutely everything Jewish, every Law, rite and custom and IF afterwards I shall wish to deny and return to Jewish superstition, or shall be found eating with Jews, or feasting with them, or secretly conversing and condemning the christian religion instead of openly confuting them and condemning their vain faith, THEN let the trembling of Cain and the leprosy of Gehazi cleave to me, as well as the legal punishments to which I acknowledge myself liable. And may I be an anathema in the world to come, and may my soul be set down with satan and the devils.”
(Stefano Assemani, Acta Sanctorium Martyrum Orientalium at Occidentalium, Vol. 1, Rome 1748, page 105)
Furthermore, any follower of the “Jewish Rabbi” who wished to join this “holy community” (christianity) was compelled to adopt a different set of rules and customs. Subsequently special creeds were drafted, to which the christian would have to swear such as:
“I accept all customs, rites, legalism, and feasts of the Romans, sacrifices. Prayers, purifications with water, sanctifications by Pontificus Maxmus (high priests of Rome), propitiations, and feasts, and the New Sabbath “Sol dei” (day of the Sun, ), all new chants and observances, and all the foods and drinks of the Romans. In other words, I absolutely accept everything Roman, every new law, rite and custom, of Rome, and the New Roman Religion.”
Additionally, in approximately 365 AD, the Council of Laodicea wrote, in one of their canons:
Christians must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day. Rather, honoring “the Lord’s Day”. But if any shall be found to be judaizers*, let them be anathema (against) from Christ”
Note: Protestants are included as they still observe the holidays and sabbath of Rome, as in “are you going to church this coming Lord’s day”.
Concerning Antiochus Epiphanes… (appx 175 BC)
He set up an image of Zeus in the Temple which was the Abomination of Desolation spoken of in Daniel 11. For 3 years, he continued to desecrate the Temple.
These were the new laws that Antiochus set up:
- Thou shall profane the Sabbath
- Thou shall change the set times (festivals) and laws
- Thou shall set up idols
- Thou shall eat unclean animals
- Thou shall not circumcise
- Thou shall forget Torah
3 years and 2 months later, the Temple was taken back and rededicated. This is known as the Feast of Dedication, or Festival of Lights, or Hanukkah.
What’s really ironic…..these laws were created by an antichrist Antiochus, and are the same things Constantine would later repeat and this is what people want to live by today. Totally going against (Scripture). People today are living under laws created by Antiochus and Constantine; an antichrist.’
Above quotes taken from this website
*definition of judaize in Scripture: Galatians 2:14-16 to live like a Jew (in order to be saved, see vs 16); Todays definition: to conform to the spirit, character, principles, or practices of Judaism.