It has been one of those evenings. So much going on. Right now I just want to crawl in a hole and never come out. At least not until I don’t feel like this any more. Here are some of the reasons. I hope you don’t mind if I let my guard down a little bit and share some of the behind the scenes stuff.
- My wonderful mom has had the flu for five days. Not only is that normally unusual for average person to have the flu for that long, but my mom doesn’t get the flu. She has been sleeping all day for five days. My mom doesn’t do that. To say I’m concerned is an understatement.
- There are things going on in our home that I am not at liberty to discuss, but they are hard things. Very hard things. Life changing kinds of hard things. Multiple things. On many levels.
- My older dog has something going on in his nose. He sneezes a lot, it is stuffed up, it is tender to the touch – it’s not a cold. I’m not sure what is going on. I am not one who believes in spending thousands of dollars or even hundreds, on surgery or even exploring what might be wrong for an animal, no matter how precious that animal is. I will do everything within my power. I will pray and anoint. I will buy herbs and spend hours administering them. But I draw a line when it comes to surgery or expensive vet visits.
- I am having a really difficult time adjusting to this season with my family. The young people are all working and driving and therefore gone a lot. It’s so hard on me after having them around me all day long for their first 18 years. I miss them.
- Today for the first time in 26 years, they closed the river that my husband guides on. This is his life and his way of making a living. He thinks it will be closed until January. We can definitely make it on what he has put aside and my income from my home business, but it is just another thing to add to the list.
- We just came back from a 14 day road trip and I’m still recuperating. It was lovely seeing everyone, but even good stress is stress!
- I am researching and studying some very uncomfortable subjects which is weighing on me.
I think that covers everything. I apologize for venting. And I am SO thankful that tomorrow is SABBATH! HalleluYah!