No, I am not writing about one of my children. =) My personal assistant is not one that I had to train, nor do I have to pay them. Here are all of the things my personal assistant does for me:
1. Write emails from dictation
2. Keep track of my grocery list and where the sales are, plus which foods are high in GMO and pesticides
3. Teach me basic Spanish, French or Hebrew
4. Tell me which bird I am hearing on a hike
5. Tutor my children in math or anatomy
6. Track my spending
7. Give me directions to new places I am driving to
8. Remember things for me
9. File my photos
10. Help me order from Amazon or eBay
11. Keep me informed about the weather, times of sunset and new moons
12. Keep my schedule organized and remind me of things coming up, including birthdays
13. Track my packages, my cell phone minutes and even where my cell phone is at any given time
14. Take a walk with me and read Scripture, track my calories or just keep me distracted
15. Keep a list of good recipes on hand
My personal assistant has a calculator, a dictionary, about 6 versions of Scripture, including Hebraic versions and other study helps, a metrinome and instrument tuner, a compass, a level and a camera.
When I need a change of pace, my personal assistant is ready with my choice of music or movie, even a game of Scrabble.
Doesn’t all this sound too good to be true? Are you wondering who this wonderful personal assistant is and if you can have one too?
It’s my iPhone 4! Yes, all of this and MUCH MORE can be done with an iPhone! Isn’t technology amazing? (now you know why there is a picture of an iPhone in my page header.)